Southend Libraries are teaming up with AGE Concern Southend-on-Sea to spread the word about a new publication called “Support Services Directory 2015”.
This free, twenty page directory has been developed by AGE Concern Southend-on-Sea and aims to bring together helpful information and contact details of a wide range of local services available to the local community.
All libraries across the Borough will be displaying the directory, along with the Mobile Library. Home Library Service volunteers visiting older housebound readers and their carers are also taking copies as part of their regular visits with books and other library items.
AGE Concern Southend-on-Sea, Chief Executive, Lin Boulter said “ It is a fantastic opportunity to link up with Southend Libraries. By working together in partnership we can reach out to older residents in the Borough, and also let people know about the many services on offer that can really make a difference to their lives, including those provided by libraries ”.
AGE Concern Southend-on-Sea is a registered charity that offers:
- A befriending service: regular face-to-face contact on a weekly basis – a fantastic service which provides much needed company for elderly residents who feel isolated and/or lonely
- A volunteer drivers’ service: transport to and from all medical appointments including GP, hospital and clinics; day centres; clubs, shopping and visiting loved ones in hospital/care homes. [A mileage charge is made for this service direct to the driver]
- Practical advice and information on all problems faced by older people and their carers and where we cannot help, signposting to other key services and agencies (open Monday to Friday 9.30am to 4.30pm and some Saturdays)
- Outreach talks and surgeries to sheltered housing, residential homes and clubs, with back up leaflets, directory and newsletter
- Wheelchair hire, hearing aid battery replacement and a handyman service for all those little jobs around the house and garden
- A regular newsletter packed with inspiring and useful information, tips, stories and events.
For more information, please contact Lin Boulter, AGE Concern Southend, 134 Hamlet Court Road, Westcliff-on-Sea, Essex SS0 7LN, Telephone: 01702 345373 or E-mail: email@example.com
Southend Libraries : Simon Wallace, Community and Diversity Manager Telephone: 01702 534144 Mobile: 07823 552590 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
This information is provided courtesy of Dan Turpin at SAVS.